This week was great and full of miracles (like every week, but y’all get the idea that there are lots of miracles here in Bolivar). Here are this week’s highlights:
- Ten investigators came to church yesterday! Woohoo! We were only expecting seven and turned around after the sacrament and three more people had shown up :)
- Zone service project at the hospital. It was super fun. Fun fact: I have yet to see a lawnmower here in Lima, most people just use weed whackers and we used a combination of shovels, pickaxes, and bush trimming shears to cut grass and clean up the gardens.
- Interviews with Presidente Larson
- I got to accompany another Hermana to the dentist because she broke her tooth in half. Another fun fact: Here in Lima people just have random dentist offices in their houses so thats cool.
- See the picture below of the funny message we received from our investigator Diego! He was contacting people in the street with Light the World pass-along cards. :)
Spiritual Thought: In church yesterday someone was talking about President Uchtdorf’s talk from the most recent conference and I really liked this:
“…following the Savior will not remove all of your trials. However, it will remove the barriers between you and the help your Heavenly Father wants to give you. God will be with you. He will direct your steps. He will walk beside you and even carry you when your need is greatest.”
– President Dieter F. Uchtdorf
We see this every day here in the mission, we spend all day inviting people to come unto Christ and it is incredible to see the changes people make in their lives to be able to do that, and the strength and help they recieve from God through prayer and reading the Book of Mormon.